Thursday, January 20, 2011

It just keeps getting better!!




We have so much to praise God for!  We have received news every day for the last six days that churches have decided to partner with us in our ministry!  That is sixnew churches in six days.  It is so much fun to get to see God at work!  I can't wait to see what else He's going to do.  We are still on track to have the needed support to leave in January of 2012.


We got an email from our co-workers in Zambia.  God has been doing wonderful things there as people are continuing to be saved through their ministry!  They are proving themselves to the Zambians and are being accepted into the bush culture.  Soon it will be our turn!

I've been doing my own preparation for the bush.  I've been putting together binders.  One for recipes and cooking tips in a primitive setting and the other for instructions and tips on growing a garden in sub-saharan Africa.  I am so excited about what I'm learning.  I'm going to start trying some of the recipes and basics, like making butter and cheese.  I'll let you know how it goes!  If any of you have any knowledge about such things and would like to help me out I'll take all the help I can get.  A biggie will be learning how to can produce.  I've never done it, and I need to learn.  Everyone says it's easy, but unless you've done it...

Continue to pray for us as we seek God's guidance for our house.  We have been praying about selling our house and van and buying a suburban and camper to live in for the rest of our time here in the states.  We will have a little work that needs done on the house and garages to get it ready for sale this spring.  We will also have to be looking for the right camper and truck to haul our family around.  If you have any ideas or suggestions please post them!  We would love to get all the input we can.

1 comment:

  1. Mandy, I need to hook you up with my Amish friends. They could teach you everything you need to know about making cheese, yogurt, butter, noodles etc. They make everything from scratch. I just made butter while I was up there the other day. They are totally self-sufficient. Will you be raising animals? I'm not sure because I just started reading your blog. You should spend a week with them before you leave. You would have no problem making it out there on your own after your time with them. I don't know about the gardening but I would be willing to say it would be pretty much the same.

    ReplyDelete